?

Log in

The Clock is Ticking - JLA Watchtower RPG
seriouslyevil
jla_watchtower
seriouslyevil
The Clock is Ticking
Oh, if Selina knew where he was right now, there was a good chance she'd kill him.

However, where he was right now was less important than where he had ben earlier. Not to mention what he had left behind.

He glanced at his watch, waiting for a few more precious seconds tick off. Once the he decided the time was right, he flicked open a cell phone, and dialed the number this least favorite kitty.

Ring, ring, Selina Kyle. And you might want to pick up sooner than later.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

122 comments or Leave a comment
Comments
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 10th, 2008 04:42 pm (UTC) (Link)
No one's called this number. Those that have, have gone to voice mail, as Selina hasn't been talking to anyone recently. In fact, there are precious few people who even have this number. The unknown caller blinking up at her off of the screen almost has her put the phone away, to ignore it but something instinctually tells her that would be a bad idea.

"Hello?"
seriouslyevil From: seriouslyevil Date: January 10th, 2008 07:55 pm (UTC) (Link)
"Selina! You vapid bitch!" Despite the harsh words, his tone was practically jovial, as if he was speaking to an old friend.

"How ya been?" Like he even cares. "Listen, you oozing cunt-blister, I need you to do me a favor--"
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 10th, 2008 07:56 pm (UTC) (Link)
"You have five seconds before I hang up unless you're going to say something interesting."
seriouslyevil From: seriouslyevil Date: January 10th, 2008 08:19 pm (UTC) (Link)
He intentionally let four seconds tick off the clock.

"I've been doing a lot of running around today, and I think I may have dropped something while I was out. Its about yay-high, by yay-wide--", not that she could see the hand gestures, which was good since most of them were rather rude, "--weighs about twenty pounds, made out of thermite-enhanced semtex, and set to go off in abooooout twenty--twenty-five minutes, give or take." That would definitely be take, as there was only ten minutes thirty-four seconds left till someplace went boom, to be exact.

"For the life of me I can not remember where I left it, though.

"Did I leave it at Leslie's clinic? Or did I leave it at the shelter? Or was it someplace else? Hmm..."
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 10th, 2008 10:55 pm (UTC) (Link)
Running. Running.

Landing and rolling, Selina comes to a stand on a building blocks away from where she's heading. Reaching up, she touches the earrings. She knows that they'll link her to Oracle but she hopes that they'll link her to everyone else too.

"This is Catwoman. Black Mask has planed bombs in places in Gotham. I'm on my way to the East End now. I don't know where they are. I don't know how long we have. I'm... going to need help." She is very out of breath from her sprint over here.

Her message sent, she starts moving again, not allowing the exertion to catch up with her.
oracle_watching From: oracle_watching Date: January 11th, 2008 03:06 am (UTC) (Link)
"Oracle here," comes the synthetic-voiced reply. "GCPD MCU has been alerted."
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 11th, 2008 03:51 am (UTC) (Link)
"I don't know... where they'll be."

There is a thread of panic hidden in the back of her voice before she starts to move again. If she can panic, she needs to run.
anotherknight From: anotherknight Date: January 11th, 2008 04:13 am (UTC) (Link)
"Think Selina."

The order cuts into her ear, urgent and inescapable. In the background, tires squeal hideously as they struggle for traction.
lesliethompkins From: lesliethompkins Date: January 11th, 2008 09:57 pm (UTC) (Link)
In a currently unoccupied corner of the East Side Clinic, an ominous ticking continues uninterrupted. Staff and patients alike, unaware and unsuspecting, come and go as normal.
anotherknight From: anotherknight Date: January 11th, 2008 10:17 pm (UTC) (Link)
There isn't time to enter the Clinic surreptitiously. The front doors fly open.
lesliethompkins From: lesliethompkins Date: January 11th, 2008 10:32 pm (UTC) (Link)
A muted cry of surprise escapes the receptionist. Patients in the lobby rise to their feet in fear. The fight or flight instinct has been ignited.

Alerted by the disturbance, Leslie immediately materializes from the hall leading to the exam rooms. A disapproving scowl twists into a questioning expression. "What-"
anotherknight From: anotherknight Date: January 11th, 2008 10:35 pm (UTC) (Link)
"Out. NOW."
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 12th, 2008 06:30 am (UTC) (Link)
Catwoman arrives on the rooftop of the shelter and gets inside quickly. She bolts down the stairs, looking for the people in charge. They all know her but very few of them have ever seen her in these clothes. "We have to get everyone out and away. Now."
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: January 13th, 2008 04:53 am (UTC) (Link)
The shelter is a busy place, even more so than usual. Ever since the corpse of an unlucky young woman was left on the doorstep, the sense of safety most of the women here had was shattered. Its made some of them difficult to deal with.

The staff was already overworked and underpaid, this only added to their stress. When one of the administrators spotted Selina, she merely threw her hands up in frustration.

"Ugh! Now what?"
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 13th, 2008 04:59 am (UTC) (Link)
"You have to get everyone out of here. Quickly." Catwoman closes the distance between herself and the woman. "Everyone in the building is in danger." It is hard to stay calm but if she's not calm than everyone will start running around in a panic.

And that won't help anyone in the end.

She makes a note to herself to check up on the funding and salaries of the staff here - when she has a moment to breathe.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: January 13th, 2008 05:05 am (UTC) (Link)
She simply rolled her eyes.

"Is this some kind of 'cape' thing? Look, just have your big fight a block or so away, throw up a bat flare or something, and have at it. We'll be fine right here.

"These girls are scared enough as it is."
sexy_huntress From: sexy_huntress Date: January 13th, 2008 06:52 pm (UTC) (Link)
Huntress doesn't bother to see if Robin's arrived on the scene when her bike pulls up to the curb. She's used to having to operate alone. Without a word, she arms her crossbow, and runs inside the building, shoving past two of the residents in her path.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: January 14th, 2008 01:53 am (UTC) (Link)
A few of the residents are out in the halls, gossiping about the noises they heard moments ago.

Beyond that, there's nothing stopping her from getting to Holly's apartment. Or into the apartment for that matter, since the door had been recently busted open.
sexy_huntress From: sexy_huntress Date: January 14th, 2008 02:01 am (UTC) (Link)
She's suddenly grateful she met the girl at Wayne Manor over Thanksgiving. She has a good memory for faces. She pauses at the threshold, noting the small, almost missable bloodspatter on the open door. There was a struggle here, that much is obvious, even to the untrained eye.

There's a .22 lying on the floor just inside the door. She steps inside, slowly, her senses on full alert. "Holly?"
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: January 14th, 2008 02:16 am (UTC) (Link)
There's no answer.

There's no sound at all now.
sexy_huntress From: sexy_huntress Date: January 14th, 2008 02:52 am (UTC) (Link)
With a swift precision, Huntress clears each room of the apartment, checking in closets, anywhere that someone might reasonably hide ... or have a body be hidden in.

seriouslyevil From: seriouslyevil Date: January 14th, 2008 03:34 am (UTC) (Link)
The Black Mask looked down at his watch.

3... 2... 1...

Two loud explosions echoed throughout the East End. He seemed slightly disappointed that there weren't more.

Oh, well. Two out of four wasn't bad.

A third, smaller explosion happens in the Clinic. The small charge planted in the detonator goes off in Batman's hand with the force of a ten-cent firecracker. A small bit of confetti pops out along with fortune cookie sized note that read You succeed here, now go see where you failed.

Of the two explosions, one was Holly's apartment. The other one wasn't the shelter, as that bomb was successfully disarmed. Should Selina take a look outside, she'll know exactly where that bomb went off. After all, it was her penthouse that was left in ruins.
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 14th, 2008 03:54 am (UTC) (Link)
Catwoman has made it down to street level when the explosions go off. She's currently straddling Nightwing's bike working with the ignition. Looking up, her eyes widen and her heart is in her throat.

"Holly....."

Later, she'll be angry about all of the things that he just destroyed. A small sampling of a life's work - all gone. Destroyed. But right now, right now her only thoughts are for Holly's welfare.
_nightwing_ From: _nightwing_ Date: January 14th, 2008 04:15 am (UTC) (Link)
Nightwing isn't far behind her - it only takes a few moments to render the thing inert, and he's holding the detonator in one gauntleted hand as he comes out onto the street. His eyes widen as he looks up, and takes in the sound. And registers the direction it's coming from.

"Oh, shit."
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 14th, 2008 04:19 am (UTC) (Link)
Oh God.

Oh God, Oh God, Oh God.

Her fingers twitch once before the sound of Nightwing's voice brings her out of her shock - or at least spurs her into motion. The engine on the motorcycle revs to life.
122 comments or Leave a comment