?

Log in

Still alive - JLA Watchtower RPG
femme_du_chat
jla_watchtower
femme_du_chat
Still alive
It is what Selina has to believe. She's slept less than four hours over the last forty-eight and she hasn't found Holly. She's found lots of old abandoned buildings, more than a few things rigged to explode, eviscerate and even in one case to defenstrate people messing with them but no Holly.

No sign of her.

No sign of Black Mask.

She's starting to feel everything stretching as if the seams of her sanity are begining to stretch and split apart. Tears seem like a viable option at this point, simply to release some of the pressure so she can keep going. The emotional and mental tension is taking a toll.

She keeps going because she knows if she cannot find Holly in the next few hours, chances are it won't matter when she finds her.

The damage will have been done.

Tags: , , , ,

96 comments or Leave a comment
Comments
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: January 20th, 2008 08:44 am (UTC) (Link)
None of the data has changed.

Abbot, Jason
Allister, Devin
Banks, Phillip
Brulin, Marcus
Devin, Steven...


But all the leads seem to come up with nothing.

...Jennings, Kiesha
Kaitos, Sagi
Kendall, Raymond
Lexington, Roman
Limmuns, Carl...


There has to be a clue in this list somewhere.

...Richmond, Karl
Saphie, Victoria
Sinclair, Kyle
Tiberous, Jim
Torrence, Marshall...


She simply has to find it.
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 20th, 2008 06:26 pm (UTC) (Link)
Damn it.

She'd checked the Romans, the obvious refrences to Rome. In these names it has panned out nothing. Completely nothing. She doesn't need to look at the list anymore to repeat all of the names on it. Checked all the buildings he's owned, the ones the company owned...

Wait.

Kyle?

Kyle Sinclair?

Her last name and... Huh. Maybe... There could be something there.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: January 20th, 2008 07:54 pm (UTC) (Link)
Could be. Seems Mr. Sinclair is the owner of a weekend house that used to belong to Sionis family.

Its located less than an hour outside of Gotham.
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 20th, 2008 09:09 pm (UTC) (Link)
Oh God.

Why didn't she see this before?

On the motorcycle the speed she's pouring on is dangerous. In her current condition, she's very, very lucky that she gets there in once piece.

It is much less than an hour later when she gets there.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: January 20th, 2008 09:22 pm (UTC) (Link)
Nice neighborhood, this one. Plenty of open for each home. Plenty of privacy for each home owner.

The house seemed quiet, but looks can be deceiving.

It was guarded by a top-notch security system.
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 20th, 2008 10:19 pm (UTC) (Link)
Of course it is.

Usually Catwoman doesn't operate in the daylight hours but right now, she doesn't care. In fact, she was tempted to say the hell with secrecy and just bust down the doors with the bike. That would likely cause more problems than it would solve.

So, she tackles the security systems one at a time, doing her best to disarm without notifications.
seriouslyevil From: seriouslyevil Date: January 23rd, 2008 07:17 am (UTC) (Link)
Their path to the door was unobstructed.

But passing by the living room, the sound of a hammer being cocked back on a gun makes his presence known.

"Don't let me stop you."

The gun isn't being pointed at either one of the women, but at the unconscious body laying at the Black Mask's feet.

Selina should recognize the person easily. After all, who doesn't know Bruce Wayne?
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 23rd, 2008 07:25 am (UTC) (Link)
Turning, Catwoman looks at Black Mask.

Holly can tell the difference in her friend's body language - this isn't Selina anymore. Her eyes narrow down and she crouches down a little almost instantly. The litany of cursing in her mind is almost audible.

"You certainly know how to get a girl's attention."

It's not a compliment.
From: holly_gonightly Date: January 23rd, 2008 07:51 am (UTC) (Link)
Holly shifts her weight so she's not leaning on Selina as much.

Shit shit shit.
seriouslyevil From: seriouslyevil Date: January 23rd, 2008 08:04 am (UTC) (Link)
"What are you waiting for? The door is right over there." He nodded towards the clear path to their exit.

"There's nothing stopping you."

His eyes seemed to stare straight through Selina's. His grin spread. He was enjoying this.

"Go on. Take her.

"Leave."
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: January 23rd, 2008 03:48 pm (UTC) (Link)
"You're trying to make me choose. And I won't let you have either of them."

Carefully, Catwoman moves with Holly over toward the side, looking to help her find a place to sit which is out of direct line of sight, in case Black Mask decides to start shooting.
From: holly_gonightly Date: January 24th, 2008 03:10 am (UTC) (Link)
Holly is happy to oblige with getting out of the way.

Well, maybe happy is a strong word, but she's in no condition to help defend anyone and Selina can't do much while supporting her.

She shrinks against a wall, her eyes fixed on Selina. The message in them is clear. Be careful.
seriouslyevil From: seriouslyevil Date: January 24th, 2008 05:03 am (UTC) (Link)
"I already have them both. All you get to choose is who gets to die later.

"Which of these two matters the least to you?"

He'll kill the other one.
anotherknight From: anotherknight Date: January 31st, 2008 12:43 am (UTC) (Link)
Bound at both the hands and feet, Bruce Wayne lies motionless where abandoned. Shoulder and neck are extended to the limits of their natural mobility as he rests on his side. A collection of black bruises have already formed beneath the ruined suit. His kidneys won't be the same for weeks.

The sounds of the fight eventually filter in through the drug induced silence. A heavy fog saturates his perceptions and he's neither able to open his eyes nor immediately identify the commotion.
From: holly_gonightly Date: February 1st, 2008 08:59 pm (UTC) (Link)
Then there's a voice addressing him directly.

"Bruce?"
anotherknight From: anotherknight Date: February 1st, 2008 09:17 pm (UTC) (Link)
Movement is the only response.

The muscles in his neck stiffen. Eyelids twitch. Wrists momentarily strain against abrasive rope.

Edited at 2008-02-01 09:18 pm (UTC)
From: holly_gonightly Date: February 6th, 2008 09:24 am (UTC) (Link)
Holly struggles with the ropes for a minute and pulls away, wincing.

"Come on, wake up."
anotherknight From: anotherknight Date: February 7th, 2008 06:13 am (UTC) (Link)
The sense of urgency reaches him. More movement follows. Abysmally sluggish, he forces his eyes to open and his body to turn. Pain greets him.

He opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out. The drugs are strangling his motor control.
From: holly_gonightly Date: February 7th, 2008 06:41 am (UTC) (Link)
Fantastic. Well, at least he's not dead.

"Please be okay," says Holly.

Mostly for a lack of anything else to say.
seriouslyevil From: seriouslyevil Date: February 20th, 2008 06:10 pm (UTC) (Link)
He struggled for a second to pull the vase from her grasp.

But since he couldn't smash her head in, yet, he decided to start kicking her ribs in.
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: February 20th, 2008 06:20 pm (UTC) (Link)
There go a few more ribs. Hopefully she doesn't puncture a lung with all of this moving around. Crouching down, Selina takes a sweep at his legs with her own, using his grip on the vase to hopefully pull him off balance at the same time. If he lets go, she can move it out of the way. If not, she can hopefully knock him on his ass.
From: holly_gonightly Date: February 22nd, 2008 04:08 am (UTC) (Link)
Holly edges along the wall towards them.

She can't do much. But she needs to do something.

Hopefully Black Mask will be too preoccupied to notice her behind him, as she raises the heavy wrench - waiting for a clear shot, any second now...
seriouslyevil From: seriouslyevil Date: February 23rd, 2008 04:25 am (UTC) (Link)
He didn't want to give up anything to this bitch. Not even the damn vase.

He held on, and ended up getting dropped by the sweep.

He rolled over onto his knees, trying to force his head to clear, and feeling around for something to beat Selina's brains in with.
femme_du_chat From: femme_du_chat Date: February 23rd, 2008 04:40 am (UTC) (Link)
Selina puts the vase down carefully as she can before she stands up.

She's starts to walk over to him, looking to kick his face in, her steps stalking.
seriouslyevil From: seriouslyevil Date: February 23rd, 2008 05:59 am (UTC) (Link)
He was very aware of her movements, despite his head ringing.

He reached for a broken table leg to ready himself.
96 comments or Leave a comment