?

Log in

Intelligence Design - JLA Watchtower RPG
jla_watchtower
jl_scoundrels
Intelligence Design
In a refurbished warehouse sitting in one of Midway City's worst neighborhoods, T.O. Morrow is hard at work. He has a few days of beard stubble, and he hasn't changed the garish Hawaiian shirt he's using in lieu of a labcoat in about the same amount of time. He stirs his martini with a tiny straw as he studies the schematics of his latest artificial brain design on an enormous computer screen.

"It lacks.. panache. Something to give it that extra little spark, and.."

His train of thought is interrupted by a silent, blinking alarm light.

"What's this? Company? I thought the cape population had abandoned Midway City.."

Morrow flips a switch to activate the automated defenses.

"I'd better clean up a little if they're coming in."

Tags: , , , , ,
Current Location: Midway City

71 comments or Leave a comment
Comments
spirit_of_truth From: spirit_of_truth Date: September 17th, 2008 07:06 pm (UTC) (Link)
The warehouse itself is unremarkable from the outside, one light burning above the closed entrance door.

Diana alights on the pavement outside, keeping an eye open for outside defenses, and tries the door.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: September 18th, 2008 01:04 am (UTC) (Link)
Wonder Woman's hand is met with a potent electrical shock that might give a bear pause - clearly, someone is home.
From: just_donna Date: September 18th, 2008 03:23 am (UTC) (Link)
Donna lands swiftly next to Diana and watched as electricty surges through the door. "That would keep away telemarketers," she flew towards the door, "Let's try this..."she aims a powerful punch at the door.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: September 18th, 2008 06:00 pm (UTC) (Link)
Donna can feel the jolt, but since the contact is brief, the backlash isn't as keenly felt. The door buckles with the force of the blow, reluctantly admitting the Amazon.

Inside the warehouse, there is darkness.
From: just_donna Date: September 18th, 2008 07:39 pm (UTC) (Link)
The jolt of electricty felt like a tickle to Donna, a slightly painful one at that. She cautiously took a step towards the threshold of the building, "We should be alert," she said to Diana, "There could be something unpleasant lurking around the corner."
spirit_of_truth From: spirit_of_truth Date: September 19th, 2008 04:58 pm (UTC) (Link)
"As far as I can tell, there is always something lurking around the corner." She smiles at Donna as they step forward and into the darkness.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: September 19th, 2008 06:48 pm (UTC) (Link)
A whirring sound can be heard, almost at once, as they pass through the broken doorway. Mechanical things zip through the darkness - spinning discs with mounted blades, in a small swarm, aiming right for the pair.
spirit_of_truth From: spirit_of_truth Date: September 22nd, 2008 02:33 am (UTC) (Link)
Diana is immediately hovering and kicks out, sending one of the spinning discs into the others.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: September 24th, 2008 05:05 pm (UTC) (Link)
The first batch are dealt with, but more are following - and they are suddenly supplemented by energy blasts from the darkness.

The "kitchen sink" approach to lair security - a hallmark of the true mad scientist.
From: just_donna Date: September 24th, 2008 05:23 pm (UTC) (Link)
Donna puts up her wrists to shield the blasts. With any luck the blasts would bounce off of wristsplates and onto the disks.

What exactly was this place, a them park for the sick and twisted?
spirit_of_truth From: spirit_of_truth Date: September 25th, 2008 04:03 pm (UTC) (Link)
Diana is alongside, deflecting the blasts off into the disks as they come flying out at the pair.

At the same time, she is following the paths of the blasts back to their sources in an attempt to destroy them.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: September 26th, 2008 01:42 am (UTC) (Link)
The disks are dispatched by the reflected beams - falling to the ground in a shower of sparks. There appear to be three of the automated energy weapons located around the warehouse, equipped with some kind of intelligent targeting system that keeps the fire directed squarely at the amazons.
spirit_of_truth From: spirit_of_truth Date: September 27th, 2008 09:35 pm (UTC) (Link)
Unhooking the lasso from her belt, Diana sends one end flying towards one of the energy weapons to knock it offline while flying at top speed at one of the others, continuing to deflect energy bolts.
From: metallocalypse Date: October 6th, 2008 05:53 am (UTC) (Link)
A large figure has been following silently in their wake, letting the Amazons trash the defenses so he could get in here without raising any more of Morrow's alarms, the drunken fool.

But once the fighting stops and they seem to be brokering for information, that's when a giant metal arm comes springing forth between the women to try and grasp Morrow by the throat.

Belonging to John Corben. AKA Metallo.

"Move along, girls. There's nothing to see here!"
From: just_donna Date: October 6th, 2008 01:52 pm (UTC) (Link)
The metal arm sent Donna flying backwards, knocking her into a wall. No need to tell her twice who that was. "Metallo," she spat, "What the hell are you doing here?" As she said this she was already lifting herself off her feet to fly over and land a punch squarely on Metallo's jaw, so that Morrow wouldn't be harmed. Donna couldn't believe this, she was fighting one criminal to defend another. But then again, she had gotten used to this in her line of work.
From: jl_scoundrels Date: October 6th, 2008 04:51 pm (UTC) (Link)
Morrow staggers back from Metallo, quite surprised at the sudden assault - only narrowly avoiding his grasp due to sheer luck more than anything. His wit, however, is quicker than his feet.

"Need a tune-up, Corben, or is this a social call?"
From: just_donna Date: October 7th, 2008 12:53 am (UTC) (Link)
Donna leaps squarely in between the two villains. "Whatever he wants, he'll have to tell me first," she goes to grab Metallo by the throat.
spirit_of_truth From: spirit_of_truth Date: October 7th, 2008 08:36 pm (UTC) (Link)
"You're not going anywhere..." As Diana leaps into the air, the lasso is coiled quickly around Morrow and is cinched tight, and the other end lashed tight around a support beam overhead.

"Metallo, you have poor, poor timing."
From: metallocalypse Date: October 9th, 2008 07:13 am (UTC) (Link)
Metallo's arm continues to stretch out towards Morrow, elongating itself as his body begins to shift away from anything resembling his human form now that he's taken Wonder Girl's measure - expanding his throat until it's too big for her hand to contain.

"You may be right, Wonder Woman. I could have been here earlier and avoided the hassle, but I guess my cabbie was drunk."

Long metal fingers wrap around Morrow's legs as Metallo increases his mass and height.

"Doesn't matter in the end. The egghead is coming with me, even if I have to go through you to do it."
From: jl_scoundrels Date: October 9th, 2008 02:08 pm (UTC) (Link)
Morrow, for his part, doesn't look too keen on being stuck in a tug of war between Metallo, and Diana's golden lasso.

"You see, this is why I work so hard on artificial brains. Human brains just have a tendency to break down when you put them in fully cybernetic trappings.."
From: brainiac_lives Date: October 9th, 2008 05:51 pm (UTC) (Link)
"Hey!" Flamebird charges in, and she's brought a friend with her. "Troia! Wonder Woman! You distract Metallo, and both Mid-Nite and I will get Morrow out of here!"
From: brainiac_lives Date: October 9th, 2008 05:52 pm (UTC) (Link)
"Go for his heart, it's his weakness." Mid-Nite stands behind Flamebird. His voice is still hoarse from the wounds the exploding android gave him. "The doctor will be safe with us."
spirit_of_truth From: spirit_of_truth Date: October 10th, 2008 05:45 pm (UTC) (Link)
A booted foot comes down heavily on the wrist of the hand holding Morrow's leg, with all of Wonder Woman's strength behind it. It's followed by a fist to Metallo's chin.

There hadn't been any sort of notification that the two other heroes were joining them. This is a concern, and Diana will be keeping an eye on the two of them.
From: jl_scoundrels Date: October 10th, 2008 05:49 pm (UTC) (Link)
Morrow's eyes narrow, as he struggles against the lasso - not feeling as safe as he would if he were able to actively evade.

"There's something wrong, here.."
From: brainiac_lives Date: October 10th, 2008 06:10 pm (UTC) (Link)
Flamebird vaults over to Morrow's position, and her hand clasps his arm. "See off Metallo, Wonder Woman! I've got the doc."
71 comments or Leave a comment