JLA Watchtower RPG - Gotham City, the warehouse district
_black_canary_
jla_watchtower
_black_canary_
Share
Gotham City, the warehouse district
The first photo had been of Aurora, in chains, an inhibitor collar around her neck. The map on the back had led the Canary here.

The second photo had been of Billy Batson, one of those nasty little worms she'd heard about heading for his ear.

The third photo had caught her attention for another reason: Connor Hawke, being handed over to Roulette. The House. She could still taste the dust from that raid last year, when she and his father the Green Arrow (not Ollie--just think of him as the Green Arrow) had teamed up with Deadshot to get Connor out.

She left a brief message for Oracle, then started circling the warehouse, looking for guards, surveillance equipment ... anything that would interfere with her rescuing Aurora.

Tags: , ,

Comments
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: October 1st, 2005 05:25 pm (UTC) (Link)
A guard opened up a side door to have a smoke. He wasn't suppost to open the door but really, who the hell would want to get into this rat infested warehouse. Not liked he cared about what was in this place anyway. Just a few corporate, white-colored workers coming in and out of this place.

He lit his cigarette and took a puff.
_black_canary_ From: _black_canary_ Date: October 1st, 2005 05:27 pm (UTC) (Link)
Dinah wrinkled her nose. Smoking is hazardous to your security.... Got to get him further away from the door, though. Good thing she came prepared.

She turns her head and opens her mouth. An inaudible Canary Cry issues, cracking the hinges of a nearby dumpster.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: October 1st, 2005 05:36 pm (UTC) (Link)
THe guard turns his head around the door to find out what was making that noise. He used his lighter to prop the door open and walked toward the dumpster with a flashlight.
_black_canary_ From: _black_canary_ Date: October 1st, 2005 05:38 pm (UTC) (Link)
That's it. Silently she moves up behind him and touches him behind the neck, and at the waist. Go down now like a good boy.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: October 1st, 2005 05:44 pm (UTC) (Link)
The Guard spasms from his own disturbed Chi energy and goes completely limp.
_black_canary_ From: _black_canary_ Date: October 1st, 2005 05:46 pm (UTC) (Link)
Dinah checks his pulse, reassures herself that he's alive, then picks him up under the arms and drags him to a shadowy part of the alley. As a final gesture of goodwill, she drops his cigarettes into the dumpster.
alt_minds2 From: alt_minds2 Date: October 1st, 2005 08:24 pm (UTC) (Link)
Aurora's spent the better part of eternity fiddling with the collar, almost blacking out when it gave her a couple shocks. Finally, sha's able to work it off.

The security camera's gonna pick this up. Well, now or never...

The collar goes to the floor and Aurora opens her hand. Now to think of...she noticed the cage doesn't go all the way to the top. Again, thinking "pacifist" meant "pushover" or "victim."

A gecko could climb the smooth walls...her fingers start forming pads, and she kicks off her shoes so her feet can follow.

Not a subtle escape, but there isn't a chance for one...
_black_canary_ From: _black_canary_ Date: October 1st, 2005 08:30 pm (UTC) (Link)
One set of guards bypassed, another left to go ... hopefully Aurora wasn't doped up. Rescuing unconscious people is a bitch.
alt_minds2 From: alt_minds2 Date: October 1st, 2005 08:42 pm (UTC) (Link)
There's four guards, and Aurora's now trying to sneak past them by climbing the ceiling.

That's when the alarm goes off.

Yup, not the most subtle, and she's going to have to haul...

"HEY!"

Busted. But the fear of going back or getting shot kick in the survival instinct, and with that.

She drops, jellyfish tentacles ripping through her shirt and wrapping around the guards, delivering the stun that would normally be used on small fish and other prey of its usual host.

They go down, groaning and in a lot of pain. they aren't going anywhere for a while.

the door on the other side of the room is starting to open. Aurora pins herself next to it, ready for any more attackers. They want her? They won't keep her alive in here.
_black_canary_ From: _black_canary_ Date: October 1st, 2005 08:46 pm (UTC) (Link)
Well, so much for quiet. The Canary gives up stealth for speed, knocking down the brace of guards who come running in response. "Aurora!" she shouts. "Hang on, kid!"
alt_minds2 From: alt_minds2 Date: October 1st, 2005 08:50 pm (UTC) (Link)
Ms. Lance?

Bad enough they had her, but these guys with free access to her boss? It doesn't occur to Aurora at the moment that her boss is a veteran "cape," and a hell of a lot better fighter.

It does occur to her that they're WAY outnumbered and Luthor is not going to strap down Ms. Lance and do who-knows what.

Defending. That's when the claws come out and the scrubs they put on her rip. The cat's out.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: October 1st, 2005 08:57 pm (UTC) (Link)
Two Guards approach from the main entrance, they have cattle prods and snub nosed .38s. They see Aurora and approach, one with the cattle prod, the other with the .38.
blackknightone From: blackknightone Date: October 1st, 2005 08:47 pm (UTC) (Link)
Slater curses with the sound of the alarm, but it was still expected. He would have to put up a good show until all of the guards have been taken down. He walks out onto the catwalk, moving like a cat in the darkness. Looking for the Guards and awaiting the Special Reponse Team, he takes a peach by a stack of pallets that gives him full view of the warehouse floor and the area out front.
_black_canary_ From: _black_canary_ Date: October 1st, 2005 08:55 pm (UTC) (Link)
An elbow here, a foot here, and best of all two fists here. "Aurora?" she calls out again. "C'mon, kid--let's blow this joint before they bring out the big toys!"
alt_minds2 From: alt_minds2 Date: October 1st, 2005 08:56 pm (UTC) (Link)
A nod.

Cat follows Canary on a mad dash for the exit.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: October 1st, 2005 08:59 pm (UTC) (Link)
The two Guards bar the exit.

"THey better get here soon!" One guard screams and thrust the cattle prod at Aurora. The other level his gun at Black Canary.
_black_canary_ From: _black_canary_ Date: October 1st, 2005 09:02 pm (UTC) (Link)
Great. "Take the cowboy," Canary orders Aurora. "I've got the gun." Too far away for a kick or a strike, but sound travels faster than even a highly trained martial artist.

One Canary Cry, aimed at the gun.
alt_minds2 From: alt_minds2 Date: October 1st, 2005 09:17 pm (UTC) (Link)
The sound's a bit disorienting to her feline ears, but it just makes her that much angrier, that much more feral.

Defend the other from my pack... is about the closest to coherant thought she gets in this state.

The cattle prod goes flying, still attached to the man's lower arm, as he drops and screams, clutching the stump.
blackknightone From: blackknightone Date: October 1st, 2005 09:18 pm (UTC) (Link)
From the catwalk, Slater screams out "The Response Team is here! Get away from the exit! Head for the lab, there is anthor way!" He pulls the pin from one of his canisters and hurls it across the warehouse. It hits the exit door and tumbles around the floor releasing a black smoke.
_black_canary_ From: _black_canary_ Date: October 1st, 2005 09:32 pm (UTC) (Link)
The girl in black has no intention of being anyone's game. She grabs Aurora by the wrist and starts running to the lab.
alt_minds2 From: alt_minds2 Date: October 1st, 2005 09:35 pm (UTC) (Link)
Run from humans with guns.

They flee. Flee back into the corridors, down the twisty rows of pallets that make up the "corridors." One of the "doctors" and a guard go down on the way. Claws, sonic cries, kicks. Does it matter?


She pauses and growls once they hit the lab. Has she been tricked?
blackknightone From: blackknightone Date: October 1st, 2005 09:42 pm (UTC) (Link)
Slater slides off the catwalk as the first round of fire rips apart the wooden supports. The rolls behind the pallets and is forced to dive across open ground before making it to the safety of the lab entrance. He pulls out a second canister dropping it into the doorway. Then runs before the canister bursts open with thick acidic fumes.

"That will hold them only for a few minutes! Get to the end of the lab!"
_black_canary_ From: _black_canary_ Date: October 1st, 2005 09:45 pm (UTC) (Link)
End of the lab, right. "C'mon, kiddo. It'll be okay." She tugs on Aurora's wrist. "I promise. I won't let you get hurt. It's gonna be okay."
alt_minds2 From: alt_minds2 Date: October 1st, 2005 09:47 pm (UTC) (Link)
She doesn't trust the man who captured her, but she trusts the female - higher ranking in the pack.

She follows where Dinah leads.
blackknightone From: blackknightone Date: October 1st, 2005 09:53 pm (UTC) (Link)
They run to the end of the lab where there is a thick window with metal bars. Slater pulls out a canister with a red band on it. 'Either we break that window and the metal bars, or I have to burn through it with this. It's an incinary grenade, if we do it this way it will take longer and we'll need a fire extinguisher.'
57 comments or Leave a comment
links
calendar
Back March 2012
123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
profile
JLA Watchtower RPG
Name: JLA Watchtower RPG