?

Log in

No account? Create an account
JLA Watchtower RPG
jla_extras
jla_watchtower
jla_extras
Across the leylines...
In darkness, there's a squabbling of creatures. Manifested here is a dark wood, of familiar north-eastern seaboard terrain. This new manifestation is the interest that brings them, but the light of transport scares them away.

Dr. Fate and Tefe Holland will see things scatter away from their arrival point, back into black depths.

Through the unstable haze of the environment, a clear area is ahead. There's a shadowy outline of two structures, the farthest showing square blurs of light into the distance. In clearer focus, a house can be seen, but its outside structure wavers unsteadily. The house is intermittently whole and in pieces, the conjurer probably unaware of the manifestation's faulty nature.

Tags: , , ,

14 comments or Leave a comment
Comments
tefe_holland From: tefe_holland Date: September 16th, 2007 04:17 pm (UTC) (Link)
Separating from the Green this time isn't as traumatic since Tefe knew it would happen. But just because it's not as traumatic doesn't mean it's not painful.

Her hands clutch convulsively over her heart as it feels like she's torn apart until her senses can shift over to her other heritages. She's left with shaking hands and slightly panicked breathing.

"That will never be fun."
doctorfatejsa From: doctorfatejsa Date: September 19th, 2007 10:33 pm (UTC) (Link)
Fate says nothing. It's doubtful fun's even in his vocabulary.

Instead, he scans the otherdimensional landscape, searching for their quarry.

"I can sense Corrine Bertrand's presence," he says stiffly. "Her aura is near."
damage_girl From: damage_girl Date: September 21st, 2007 04:51 am (UTC) (Link)
There's a resonance of something ill-natured here. Deep inside the manifestation of the place, Corrine and the force companioning with her are pouring, digging, and sometimes forcing their way through the aura-memory. There's information to be had here. She can't be disturbed.

The structure stabilizes momentarily, then the landscape shifts. A great river has stretched the distance between them and the structure even further.
doctorfatejsa From: doctorfatejsa Date: September 21st, 2007 06:32 pm (UTC) (Link)
Many don't think to question why he's called Doctor Fate. But in an instant, as he senses the landscape shift, the Lord of Order once known as Nabu reaches out his mind to touch the strands of destiny, to find the road that will lead them to their quarry. And in that examination, he hopes to find some insight into what is happening here. Some understanding.


damage_girl From: damage_girl Date: September 22nd, 2007 03:03 am (UTC) (Link)
Inside the manifestation of the house, Corrine is nearly catatonic. Her soul-self is busy, poring through the aura-memory the Kenton house left imprinted here. She's searching for anything that would help her find her brother in Hell. She's worn herself near to exhaustion with this task, and so far, traps and only pieces of clues have been found, tainted with dark magic.

It's a cruel game left by someone tied to her... her father... knowing she would come here and wanting her to believe she could find answers.

There have been answers, though, bits of answers. She's keeping at the task, furiously. She can't mess this one up. She can't let anything distract her. If she just keeps at it, eventually... eventually there's got to be something... eventually... It's what she keeps echoing to herself.
doctorfatejsa From: doctorfatejsa Date: September 22nd, 2007 03:00 pm (UTC) (Link)
Most magics can't withstand the will of a Lord of Order. Nabu warps the fields surrounding Merlynne, giving himself and Tefe Holland entrance.

Fate peers down at the young woman, who once was chosen to bear the helm in Hector Hall's absence.

"Corrine Bertrand," he says simply ... his voice echoing and hollow, even in a hush.

damage_girl From: damage_girl Date: September 23rd, 2007 06:29 am (UTC) (Link)
Corrine's startled to see them there. She's been so distracted with her task, she hasn't even kept to her own defenses. It feels a bit like a cloud is lifted.

"I kept looking. I'm trying." She's embarrassed, too. "I'm tired."
doctorfatejsa From: doctorfatejsa Date: September 23rd, 2007 07:39 pm (UTC) (Link)
Fate stoops down on one knee to be level with her. It's an almost tender gesture.

"Tell me what you are seeking, Corrine Bertrand."
damage_girl From: damage_girl Date: September 25th, 2007 02:37 am (UTC) (Link)
That's... a pretty difficult question to answer. Corrine frowns a little. "My family traded my brother away. I was told I had to find him, in Hell. And I was going to! But then..."

She sweeps her hand a little. "I thought there'd be answers here, maybe. On... on anything. Just something. I wouldn't even know where to start! And it wouldn't be right to go back, not without him, so I look..."
doctorfatejsa From: doctorfatejsa Date: September 26th, 2007 03:00 pm (UTC) (Link)
Fate peers into her eyes, and the pair are bathed in light. Finally, after a long, silent moment, he shakes his head.

"I cannot finish your quest for you, Corrine Bertrand. But I can lend you sight. I can temper your senses, to shield you from this place's chaos."
damage_girl From: damage_girl Date: September 27th, 2007 05:55 am (UTC) (Link)
Corrine's eyes go to Tefe for a moment. After losing control and lighting a teammate on fire, she's not really sure anyone wants her back. To add to it, there's this thing, this being, attached and rooted to her now. What's it going to be like, back in the real world, without the constant distraction she's gotten used to of an ever-changing and completely malleable environment?

No, best to stay here, where she belongs. People have never really understood what she is, anyway. And isn't her responsibility here, among the drifting lost of the leylines? But was that all she was doomed to do, chase those that she can not forcibly move, hopelessly performing the same cycle over and over...?

Corrine holds her head. "Yes. I've got to get out of here."
doctorfatejsa From: doctorfatejsa Date: September 28th, 2007 07:35 pm (UTC) (Link)
"Then the rest is up to you ..."

Fate gently lays his hands on either side of Corrine's head, and the two of them are engulfed in light. The magic is old, and powerful, and familiar. It knows Corrine, after all. She bore the helmet, when a bearer was most needed.

Gently, the magic submits itself to her will ... casting the maleable landscape around them into anmew relief, sharpening edges.

It's not that Fate does anything ... it's that he gives her the ability to act on her own.
damage_girl From: damage_girl Date: October 2nd, 2007 04:48 am (UTC) (Link)
For the first time in weeks, Corrine feels awake. She's been drifting for she doesn't know how long, clouded up in the head and looking for answers. What exactly did she expect to find?

A lead, is the answer. A clue, or even a line of thinking... With a slight tilt of her head, she realizes she has that. If she were Phillip, where would he have the children take Eugene down?

She holds her head. Tara said something about a disturbance to the stonework at Kenton after the Monster Society's attack. No dust when Corrine inspected the archway, even after sitting so long. She hadn't thought about it at the time. Someone had been there. Her family had been looking for it. It doesn't tell her where her brother is, but--

"I know now. I have a start," she says slowly. She wants to go back to her real family. She knows the magic will take them there. "I think it's time to go."
doctorfatejsa From: doctorfatejsa Date: October 4th, 2007 04:01 pm (UTC) (Link)
Fate rises to his full height again, his cape bustling despite the lack of breeze.

"Then we will go," he says simply. "The path is yours."
14 comments or Leave a comment