?

Log in

No account? Create an account
The Cavalry Charge - JLA Watchtower RPG
proto_humanist
jla_watchtower
proto_humanist
The Cavalry Charge
He makes the final preparations to launch his rather unique torpedo, and he waits. Vandal Savage's work of the last several months is about to come to fruition, and yet, he isn't smiling.

His unhappiness lies in the nagging knowledge of the abilities of Alan Scott's children - a kind of mental bond between Jade and Obsidian that, when coupled with Alan's tale of meeting half of the accursed Justice Society at the lab in Opal City, all but guarantees that the team will arrive shortly to try and stop him.

So additional preparations have been made. Even if he's captured, the torpedo should be able to accomplish what he set out to do.

And in the meantime, he's assembled most of his hired security personnel to guard over the unconscious forms of Jade and Alan Scott.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

75 comments or Leave a comment
Comments
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: September 5th, 2008 07:11 pm (UTC) (Link)
Wildcat's head pops out of Obsidian's shadow portal, and he takes a look around from where it's manifested. It would appear to have transported them on board a ship. Ted can hear the hushed talking of... yep, soldiers, but can't see anyone from where he is. He gestures for the rest to follow, and hunches, poised like a big cat. "Okay ramblers, let's get rambling."
3x2_9yz_4a From: 3x2_9yz_4a Date: September 7th, 2008 03:59 am (UTC) (Link)
Jesse slips out behind him, quietly, and takes a position off to the left.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: September 8th, 2008 12:06 am (UTC) (Link)
Savage's men have been forewarned, and they are ready - they're all equipped with modern body armor, rebreathers, and blaster rifles with a stun setting and a kill setting. They seem to be shooting to stun, at the moment - odd, given Savage's usual willingness to kill the JSA.

They open fire as the team charges forward from the portal.
blackest_knight From: blackest_knight Date: September 10th, 2008 12:00 am (UTC) (Link)
When Sand issues the order, Obsidian's already there. He's merged with Jade's shadow to keep himself unseen while he tries to wake his sister up, but nothing seems to be working.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: September 10th, 2008 05:29 pm (UTC) (Link)
Savage's men are trying to find their way through the darkness, but it's a territory wherein Obsidian and Dr. Mid-Nite have total advantage.

"Just open fire, in the general direction of the cages - they're trying to free the prisoners!"

A few of the mercenaries oblige.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: September 10th, 2008 09:12 pm (UTC) (Link)
She stirs finally, sluggishly moving and opening her eyes just to a slit.

"To--Todd?" Jade's voice is thready and weak, barely even a whisper.
proto_humanist From: proto_humanist Date: September 13th, 2008 03:17 am (UTC) (Link)
"Sandy the Golden Boy, and Hourman, Jr.? I like my chances. Come on then, let's see whose chemical enhancement is superior.."

Savage beckons Rick and Sand towards him, relishing the fight to come.
From: og_outsiders Date: September 13th, 2008 03:18 am (UTC) (Link)
Sand dives in, going low.. spreading out his silicoid mass to envelop Savage's feet, hopefully to negate the man's current speed advantage.
miraclo3 From: miraclo3 Date: September 13th, 2008 07:19 am (UTC) (Link)
Hourman takes the high road, leading in with a left cross, before swinging a backhand where he anticipates Savage's feint.

proto_humanist From: proto_humanist Date: September 13th, 2008 06:08 pm (UTC) (Link)
With Sand hindering his feet, he can't press the full advantage of his drug-enhanced speed. The left cross strikes home, and Savage snarls - foregoing the feint for a crushing swipe with the section of railing he still holds.
blackest_knight From: blackest_knight Date: September 16th, 2008 03:30 am (UTC) (Link)
The railing meets blackness, and then everything else goes dark, too.

Everything except Obsidian, who's flying towards Savage, his face twisted in rage, his body warped. Claws of shadow for hands, he looks like Death itself come to finally collect the immortal.

In fact, Obsidian looks far less like himself, and far more like a sight the rest of the JSA would have good reason to fear.

And of course, while this is going on, Savage's shadow quietly opens behind him, as well, allowing another assailant the chance to strike.
jla_extras From: jla_extras Date: September 21st, 2008 02:46 am (UTC) (Link)
As the yacht is safely moved out of harm's way, the source of the rumbling soon becomes apparent. Rather than use his seismic torpedo against populated areas, Savage appears to have had it detonate in international waters, at a precisely-chosen spot.

A massive volcanic eruption is taking place, an island forming in the sea.
midnite_md From: midnite_md Date: September 22nd, 2008 06:43 pm (UTC) (Link)
Dr. Mid-Nite looks out at that eruption with more than a little awe at the devastating fury of nature unleashed.

This... is more Sand's arena.

Even though he's a bit dazed and battered, his mind is racing as best it can to try and discern what Savage's game is here...
From: og_outsiders Date: September 23rd, 2008 02:51 am (UTC) (Link)
Sand's teeth still appear to be rattling, even though the waves hitting the boat have grown less intense with the added distance.

"Some kind of seismic torpedo. He hit a fault line just the right way."
proto_humanist From: proto_humanist Date: September 23rd, 2008 02:54 am (UTC) (Link)
"And appropriate legal claims are being filed on my behalf - or, should I say, on the behalf of a trust for which I am the sole trustee. I have a team of lawyers that start working on the papers fifteen minutes ago."

He holds out his hands, to be restrained for arrest.

"It's called New Albion. My home away from home. And have no fear, appropriate restitution will be made to the firms whose technology was borrowed."

Savage is being.. conciliatory?
75 comments or Leave a comment